WHAT WE DO
- Oklahoma City Bombing
- Columbine shootings
- 9-11 Twin Towers
- Virginia Tech shooting
- Hurricane Katrina
- Greensboro KS tornado
- Stewart NE school bus accident
- Joplin, MO tornado
- Aurora, CO movie theater
- Sandy Hook Elementary shootings
Fortunately, we are well-enough known that in almost every case there is a Centering Corporation member or contact on the ground at the site to call us and arrange for support.
Knowing every bereavement publisher in North America, we have the caring network to provide both our own resources and all other known trauma and grief books needed. Other publishers have joined us in donating thousands of resources to ease pain and let people know they are not alone.
To expand local service presence in Omaha, Neb., Centering started the Dr. Marvin & Joy Johnson Foundationin 2014. The foundation provides resources to schools which have experienced suicides and other tragedies. In addition to the foundation to honor both co-founders, Centering plans to add a memory garden and Caring Cups Coffee Stop for Omaha caregivers.. The latter will provide research, resources, refreshment and renewal through continuing education to professionals working with grieving persons and the bereaved themselves.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
- Contact us. If your community experiences a mass tragedy, call us toll-free at 866-218-0101 and we’ll do all we can to help.
- Become a Centering member and Grief Digest subscriber. You’ll receive a quarterly magazine, 10% off your orders on this web site, and more.
- Donate by check. Make checks payable to Centering Corporation (PO Box 4600 Omaha, NE 68104). You may specify in the memo line for “Emergency Fund” or “Dr. Marv & Joy Johnson Foundation.”
- Donate via paypal. Any amount you give, by credit card or check, is 100% tax deductible.
HAS YOUR COMMUNITY EXPERIENCED A TRAGEDY?
Please call or fill out the form below.